Candle Care


It is our desire at HIVE to produce a superior sensory experience. Ultimately, our fragrances are designed to enhance your environment by infusing luxury in every aspect of your life. We are devoted to creating a spark, evoking a memory or creating a new one.

We recommend the following to extend the enjoyment of your fragrance and the feeling it will bring to your environment.

  1. Never leave a burning candle unattended.
  2. Never burn a candle on or near anything that might catch fire.
  3. Keep candles out of the reach of children on two or four legs.
Burning a HIVE candle properly
Before use
  • Trim the wick to 1/8 inch each time before burning. The safest way to do this is with a wick trimmer. Trimming will alleviate uneven burning, dripping or flaring.
  • Burn candles in a well-ventilated room.
  • Place the candle on a stable, heat-resistant surface away from a drafts or air currents.
  • Keep the wax pool clear of debris, always.
While Enjoying
  • Never touch or move a burning candle or when the wax is liquefied.
  • Discontinue burning a candle when 1/2 inch of wax remains.
  • Extinguish a candle if the flame becomes too high or flickers repeatedly. Allow the candle to cool, trim the wick and clear the wax pool of debris before relighting.
  • Always keep the candle within your sight. 
When Extinguishing
  • Use a candle snuffer to extinguish your candle. Blowing may cause wax to splatter.
  • Never use water to extinguish a candle. Water can cause the hot wax to splatter and might break your candle vessel.
  • Make sure the candle is completely out and the wick is no longer glowing before leaving the room.
  • Don’t touch or move the candle until it has completely cooled.
Wick Trimming
  • Keep wick trimmed to 1/8 inch always.
  • Trim at a 45-degree angle to ensure proper wick length. (Short wicks burn improperly)
  • The wick should be trimmed every 4 hours of burn time.
  • Discard the remnant wick before lighting.
  • It is recommended that our candles burn for four hours, then extinguished and let cool for two hours before relighting.